I have many exciting plans for music education, and in position of MTNA President, there are a number of projects I will work to promote.
- Advocate for music teaching and for music teachers at all levels and in all settings
- Celebrate—and publicize!—the success of existing programs
- Enlarge opportunities for young teachers to become involved in MTNA
- Develop new grass-roots programs to serve the needs of 21st century students and families
- Ensure a role for popular music and improvisation in MTNA programs
- Expand our communications strategy to make greater use of social media
- Look for increased efficiencies to make our volunteer work load less time-consuming
- Provide increased support and development opportunities for local MTNA leaders
- Utilize technology to expand the role of music teaching
- Increase member engagement
I would love to hear your thoughts! Where is MTNA strong? What could it do even better?
Please leave a comment below…