The big day has finally come: the MTNA Officers Election is now open! There are four easy ways to submit your ballot:
- Visit the online election page
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com containing your name, state and the name of the candidate you are voting for.
- Download and fill out a PDF version of the ballot
- Use the pre-printed ballot on page 51 of the February/March edition of American Music Teacher.
Ballots will be accepted until March 2, 2015.
Many of you have contacted me asking how to vote. The first prerequisite is: you have to be an MTNA member.
If you are not, MTNA has a great deal for you! If you have never held an MTNA membership, or if your membership has lapsed, now is a perfect chance to join.
- The Six-Month Membership is a special discount for first-time members, and counts as an Active membership. Six-month members can vote.
- You may also join as a standard Active member for the remainder of the 2014-2015 membership year (until June 30th, 2015) for prorated dues of only $35. Newly joined Active members can vote.
MTNA has a variety of other membership types, and not all types of membership are voting-eligible. I have checked with the MTNA Head Office to confirm the following information, which I hope you may find helpful:
MTNA Membership Voting Rights
- Active Members
- Collegiate Members
If you are a currently a student and joined MTNA through your school, this is you. Collegiate members cannot vote. Collegiate Membership information.
- International Members
If you are a member of MTNA but do not currently live in the US, this is most likely your membership type. International members cannot vote. International Membership information.
- Patron Members
If you are not a music professional but hold an MTNA membership, this is you. Patron members cannot vote. Patron Membership information.
- Retired Members
- Former Members
Non-Members. If you have never held an MTNA membership, now could be a perfect chance to join! The Six-Month Membership is a special discount for first-time members, and counts as an Active membership. You may also join as a standard Active member for the remainder of the 2014-2015 membership year (until June 30th, 2015) for prorated dues of only $35. New Active members through either option can vote.
I invite you to continue checking this page over the next few weeks. I have a lot of ideas to share!
Thank you for your support. It would be an honor to serve as MTNA President.